Spriglet #5: Have a print job in Windows that just won’t go away? Here’s how to fix it:
®= right-click, © = click, © © = double-click
- ® on My Computer and choose “Manage”
- © on “Services” in the left pane
- © © on “Print Spooler” in the right pane
- © the “Stop” button
- Leave this window open and hit Windows-E to bring up an Explorer window
- Drill down to c:\windows\system32\printers\spool
- Highlight and delete all of the files in here
- Back on the Print Spooler Properties window, © Start
- © Start, © Settings, © Printers and Faxes, © © the printer with the stuck job
- Hit F5 to refresh. All of the print jobs should now be gone.
UPDATE: Check out the shorter batch file method in the comments below. Thanks, White Panther.