Here’s my original script.
Pretty amazing story. With the money still in it to boot.
Ray always knew Veteran’s Day was special, but perhaps this reunion shows just how much. Steve Breitenstein of Illinois used the internet to locate Mr. Heilwagen in Mexico, something his father couldn’t do 60 years ago.
Good ole technology.
One cool thing I realized…there are other Bucks fans in the world. I saw at least 4 of them at the game. It was weird being in the minority and having the visiting team win. Sweet. Bango took his rightful place in the back window of the car on the way home.
We took over 100 pictures at the game. I’ll post some of them somewhere.
This is a pretty cool site. I still have some of them from back in the early 80’s. This is one was the one I saved up over $50 for and ordered directly from LEGO in 1985. Still have the original receipt.
If you haven’t seen the brawl between the Nuggets and Knicks, here’s the link.
First off, I’ll hold off about Isiah Thomas. You know what I think about him and his skills as a GM and coach.
This kind of crap by NBA players will be the end of the NBA. Kick all the thugs out. I want to see some skill — some good jump shots, some more stars with 90%+ free throw percentage, some sweet moves night and night out. Mugging guys going to the basket is not skill. I hope they suspend Carmelo “sucker punch” Anthony for the rest of the year — ala Ron Artest. Kick out Mardy Collins, too. Who’s he again?
Okay, there is this piece of butter, okay. And he thinks, “I’m not doing very well in life so I really want to start making ends meet and progressing.”
So he jumps onto half a slice of bread and he thinks, “Oh yeah, this is quite good, this half a slice of bread. But I still think I could do better in life.”
So he jumps onto a full slice of bread. “This is amazing,” he thinks. “I’m really living the high life.” But he thinks, “I could still go further.”
So he jumps onto a slice of toast and, “This is a very, very comfortable slice of toast.” It’s just like absolute luxury. But he thinks, “I could still go further in life,” so he jumps onto the next thing.
And by now he’s thinking, “Okay, I’ve lived a very good life, I think it’s about time I wrapped everything up,” and he starts to walk away, but his friend calls out, “Oh no, don’t stop now. Youre on a roll.”
1. Yourself – average
2. Your spouse/significant other – best
3. Your hair – brown
4. Your mother – stressed
5. Your father – forlorn
6. Your favorite item – computer
7. Your dream last night – nope
8. Your favorite drink – DDrP
9. Your dream car – Lexus
10. The room you are in – cubicle
11. Your fear – backsliding
12. What you want to be in 10 years – happy
13. Who you hung out with last night – fam
14. What you’re not – disciplined
15. Muffins – blueberry
16. One of your wish list items – saw
17. Time – flies
18. The last thing you did – drive
19. What you are wearing – brown
20. Your favorite weather – spring
21. Your favorite book – bible
22. The last thing you ate – breakfast
23. Your life – good
24. Your mood – antsy
25. Your best friend – wife
26. What are you thinking about right now – todos
27. Your car – junker
28. What are you doing at the moment – typing
29. Your summer – sneezing
30. What is on your TV – nothing
31. What is the weather like – snowing
32. When is the last time you laughed – today